ISRO Record Breaking Planned Launch of 103 Satellites in February
ISRO Record Breaking Planned Launch of 103 Satellites in February: The Indian Space Research Organization (ISRO) has achieved many milestones over the years, which included launching their own GPS, placing their satellite to Mars orbit in first attempt, launch 20 satellites in a single rocket, etc. Now they are ready to set another world record in February this year by sending 103 satellites in single rocket. Here are the things you must know about this mission.
1. ISRO will break its own record with this launch. Last year ISRO had launched 20 satellites in one rocket.
2.The record of launching maximum number of satellite in single go is currently held by Russia. Russia has sent 37 satellites in 2014 in a single rocket.
3. This mission includes satellites from countries like USA, Germany, Israel, Kazakhstan, France, Switzerland and Netherlands.
4. The space agency had earlier planned a launch of 83 satellites of which 80 were foreign ones, in the last week of January. But with the addition of 20 more foreign satellites, the launch was delayed by a week and will now take place in first week of February.
5. The mission will accomplished using with PSLV (Polar Satellite Launch Vehicle)-C37.
6. The weight of the payload will be 1350 kgs, of which 500-600 kgs will be the satellite’s weight.
“We are making a century by launching over 100 satellites at one go,” S. Somnath, Director of the Liquid Propulsion Systems Centre of the Indian Space Research Organization (ISRO), told in an interview.
So Guys! What do you think? Please share with us in comment box below and don’t forget to like us on Facebook or follow us on Twitter for more updates.